Jon Reigstad: The Road to Oakmont Starts HerePosted on May 25, 2016
GolfWeek.com - May 4th, 2016
The U.S. Golf Association will hold 18-hole local qualifying for the 2016 U.S. Open at 111 sites across the U.S., from May 2 to May 19.
Nearly 600 players will advance out of these local qualifiers and move on to sectionals. Last year, 22 players made it through the local and sectional stages to qualify for the 2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay.
We'll keep track of this year's local qualifiers here:
Bloomington, Minn. - Minnesota Valley C.C., May 9
- Justin Smith, St. Paul, Minn. – 70
- Jonathan Reigstad, St. Paul, Minn.– 71
- Aaron McClay, Buffalo, Minn. – 72
- Sam Matthew, Roseville, Minn. – 72
- John Hafdal, Prior Lake, Minn. – 73
- Brent Snyder, Hudson, Wisc. – 73