Gentry Academy Careers
Thank you for your interest in employment with Gentry Academy! We are currently accepting teaching and coaching applications.
All middle school and high school licensed teachers are encouraged to send their resume and cover letter to our Education Director Jennifer Kurth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those interested in a coaching position, please send your resume to our Athletic Director Joe Jensen at email@example.com.
All other questions can be directed to Jennifer Kurth via:
U16 Girls Head Hockey Coach, U19 Assistant Coach
Gentry Academy is seeking a highly-qualified girls hockey coach. The head coach position is responsible for planning, directing, and leading student-athletes and for providing team-oriented hockey instruction and mentorship within the philosophies of Gentry Academy. The teams play a competitive national schedule.
- Must meet the head coaching requirements of MN Hockey / USA Hockey
- Prior coaching experience required
- Playing experience at the collegiate Division 1 or Division 3 levels required
- Follow the rules and regulations of Gentry Academy / MN Hockey / USA Hockey
- Complete the required courses to be age module certified and registered with USA Hockey
- Organize, schedule and conduct on-ice practices
- Provide input, help organize and create an itinerary for weekend home and away games
- Dedicate weekends to game series both home and away
- Participate in pre- and post-season meetings with the Activities Director, serving as an evaluation conference
- Participate in pre-, mid- and post-season meetings with athletes to ensure they are making continued progress in the areas expressed by both coaches and players
- Responsible for reporting scores to the necessary sites and sources
- Dedicate time to support multi-sport athletes and extra-curricular activities
- Establish and use a system of communication to athletes and parents that will include explanation of program policies, awards, procedures, goals and schedules
- Maintain appropriate supervision of his/her program at all times (locker rooms, practices, events, bus rides, etc.). Supervise any and all space used by athletes
- Represent the school in a professional manner in demeanor, language, and conduct (based on standards established by the Activities Director)
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of the activity being coached
- All other duties as assigned by the Activities Director
Gentry Academy Activities Director
To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.