Gentry Academy is offering an exciting opportunity to train with elite hockey professionals known for instructing well-defined techniques and pioneering teaching methods. Gentry instructors who are certified in both Sean Skinner’s stick handling techniques and Power Edge Pro training oversee our comprehensive skill building that gives student-athletes a whole new take on the game.
Your player will receive Power Edge Pro (PEP) training that combines individual skills, tactics in small areas with transition, change of direction, agility, decision, and reactionary type skills that creates small area dominance. They will also learn Coach Sean Skinner’s master stick handling techniques to give them a distinct advantage on the ice.
Skaters Camp Includes:
- 5 hours of off ice training that targets strength, conditioning, core, power, and speed.
- 10 hours of professional on ice instruction that develops key hockey skill sets.
- Professional Guest shooting instructor
- Professional Guest skating instructor
- Power Edge Pro Training (PEP)
- Small Area Games
- Detailed Skill Development:
- Power Edge Pro (PEP)
- Power skating (stride, edge control, advanced skating techniques)
- Shooting (slap shot, wrist shot, advanced shooting techniques)
- Stick Handling (quick hands, footwork, moves and dekes, advanced fundamental techniques)
Goalies Camp Includes:
- 2:1 Professional Semi Private Goalie Instruction
- 5 hours of ice training that targets strength, conditioning, core, power, and speed
- 10 hours of professional on ice instruction that targets and develops goaltender specific skill sets
- Innovative NHL goalie drills and training methods
Detailed Skill Development:
- Skating and Edge Control
- Head and Eye Tracking
- Movement and Save Selection
- Mental Preparation and Flexibility
- Small Area Games
Daily Schedule: Monday-Friday
- Check In/Player Drop Off: 11:30am-12:00pm
- Powerpoint + Video: 12:00pm-12:30pm
- Ice Session #1: 1:00pm-2:15pm
- Ice Session #2: 2:30pm-3:45pm
- Dryland: 4:00pm-5:00pm
- End of Day/Player Pick up: 5:00pm